NI Battery with Cubase Beat Designer and Drum Maps

This is a quick video demonstrating how easy it is to use the Cubase Beat Designer plugin with Native Instruments Battery 3. And when you load the drum maps in Cubase, it automatically populates the lanes in Beat Designer with the correct drum sound names.



There are a million different ways to make beats in a DAW, and I like to use them all, because the variety makes it more fun and sometimes I try some weird technique and it takes me somewhere I wouldn’t have gone if I always stuck to the same way of creating beats.

One of the things that I like about Cubase is that it’s offers lots of ways to organize and keep track of your virtual sounds. Drum maps and expression maps can be extremely useful if you work with a wide variety of sounds and want to be able to look at the screen and understand what sounds map to which keys.

I’ve been playing around with Cubase’s “Beat Designer” plugin lately and it’s a nice little MIDI plugin for step sequencing any instrument plugin you have. Something that occurred to me is that Beat Designer (like the drum editor in Cubase) populates the lanes with the contents of the current drum map.

So when you load up a drum map and Beat Designer, it’s easy to see all the sounds you have access to (correctly labeled), and you can easily hide sounds you aren’t interested in. This has the effect of cleaning up the screen and showing you everything you need to see to create drum patterns.

For me, this has been helpful as a starting point for songs, so I made a quick little video demonstrating how easy it is to set up a track that has a Battery kit loaded and Beat Designer with the drum sounds labeled.




This Tutorial was taken from: Andrew Landry

http://andrewlandry.com/2011/04/using-cubase-drum-maps-and-beat-designer-with-battery-yet-another-way-to-make-beats-in-cubase/

Cubase Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment